Letter to my Grandson

 14th September 2019

To my dearest Loku putha, Apu,

Happy birthday Putha!

You are thirteen years old! Today is the best day, I thought, to tell you how much you mean to us. I am writing this from the same room where your mother changed your nappies. To this day, I cannot believe how fast time has flown.

Today you are becoming a teenager. In time to come, you will be going off to college. In another few years you will literally hop in your own car and do your own things. We are super proud of you and everything you are! It may have been a lot of work for all of us when you were a kid, but now you are out there becoming the young man we always hoped you would be. 

When I close my eyes, I can picture you like a baby boy.  I wanted to tell you I believe you are going to do amazing things in the future. However, in my eyes and heart, you will always be my little boy! 

You are blessed to have understanding parents. They were involved in nurturing you and fulfilling your needs.  Honour your parents. Their lessons are designed to prepare you for this big world. One more thing. As a teenager, you’re going to be an awesome role model for your brother. He looks up to you. You prove every day that you were meant to be his big brother. We love watching you be protective of him and be there for him. Seriously, he is so lucky to have you!

Please remember that no matter where you are in this world and no matter what you are doing you can always count on us. 


We will endlessly love you.


Kiriaththa and Kiriamma.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

යසෝදරාවත

සැසඳීම

ගං ඉවුර සිට බලනු මැනවි